I can't believe that tonight I am going out to celebrate my brothers birthday. With him turning 30 it really got me thinking of all the things that I would like to accomplish before I turn the big 3-0. As I started making a list, I remembered an article that a friend emailed me a few months ago. The article was written in 1997 for Glamour Magazine and stated all the things you should have and should know by the time you are 30.
After rereading the article I decided that I would leave some of her "To Do's" on my list but I would also omit and add some others.
When I'm 30, I should have...
1. A decent savings account that allows me to splurge from time to time. (My Splurge)
2. A boyfriend that loves my friends, my family, my flaws, and allows me to be myself. Also, a boyfriend that loves to clean and cook would be an extra perk.
3. The ability to be able to throw a dinner party on my own. This meaning that I actually am cooking the entire thing, no takeout.
4. How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend without ruining a friendship. This one is stolen from the Glamour article but just thinking about confrontation gets me uncomfortable.
5. To own my own place. I hope that in the next seven years I don't continue to throw money away on rent but instead am able to build equity and buy my own place.
6. I hope the last time that I really traveled wasn't my Junior year of college.
Check out the article and let me know your thoughts.
To Be Continued...